What to Pack
On every safari to Southern Africa, it is essential to know what to pack and that you pack the correct gear so as to avoid any mishaps while on tour. Below is a guideline to some of the basic requirements.
Please remember to NOT pack your gear into hard cover suitcases as this is difficult to carry around and could get damaged. Its also very important to limit your luggage to the below weight limits.
Your Luggage For Luxury Safaris To Southern Africa
- one large kit bag.
- no hard suitcases (max. weight =20 kg (44 lbs)).
- one item of hand luggage (e.g. A small backpack).
Personal Equipment For Luxury Safaris To Southern Africa
- Passport (must be valid at least another 6 months from date of entry.)
- Warm Sleeping Bag. (Camping Safaris)
- Torch with spare batteries and globes
- Warm Jacket
- Swimming Costume
- Natural Clothing (i.e. No bright colors)
- A pair of light weight long pants and a lightweight long sleeve shirt (to use against the sun)
- Comfortable walking shoes and strops/sandals
- Camera Equipment, Binoculars, and lots of spare memory cards & batteries
- Water bottle
Toiletries For Luxury Safaris To Southern Africa
- Personal Toiletries in small bag, not a vanity case
- Suntan Lotion and block out for the face
- Malaria Prophylaxis. (Northern Namibia, Botswana and Kruger National Park)
- Mosquito repellent lotion/spray